In 1882 he immigrated to the United States and got his naturalization in 1887.
In 1885 he married Marry Brunner, the dauhgter of Jacob Brunner, They lived the remainder of their lives on Caroline Street in Peoria, Peoria, Illinois.
Theophile died 28 Jun 1919 and is buried in Springdale Cemetery and Mausoleum in Peoria, Illinios.
They had seven children:
- Amelia Schlumpf 20 Oct 1886- Unknown
- Fred Theophile Schlumpf AKA Theophile JR 11 Oct 1887- April 1967
- Clara Schlumf Friedengier Arands 25 Jan 1889-Unkown
- Bertha Elizabeth Schlumpf Arendell 2 Nov 1889- 18 Jul 1964
- Rosa (Roise) Schlumpf Click Oct 1892-Unkown
- Lena I Schlumpf Morey 2 May 1895- 2 Dec 1988
- Nellie Martha Schlumpf Pelletier 6 Sep 1899-Oct 1968